What you can expect from this situation:
You will need to obtain approval for Protocol Development. This will provide you with a letter to release funds from the Office of Research Services (ORS).
What steps will you take during this process:
- Log into iRIS:https://iris.ou.edu/
- Click on the Add a New Study tab on the left.
- Respond to the questions in Sections 1-4, noting that you plan to submit to the Norman Campus IRB.
- In Section 5.0, select the "Protocol Development" option and save and continue.
- Select the green button that says: "Click here to start this form."
- Respond to the questions in this form, using the "Save and Continue" to the Next Section button to move through the questions.
- At the end of the form, select either the "Exit Form" or "Close Form" button.
- Click the "Save and Continue to the Next Section" button twice to exit the application.
- Save and continue past the Application section of the upload screen and you will be taken to the section where you may upload your study attachments.
- Click the green button that says: "Click here to attach any study document."
- Click "Add Multiple Documents" and upload the forms. Select Save Record(s) when you are finished.
- Make sure the check-boxes next to the documents are checked and select the "Save Attachments" button. You should now see the documents listed under the green bar in Section 1200 - Upload Support Documents.
- Save and continue and select the Signoff and Submit button. Input your 4x4 and password, select the Approve button, and select Save Signoff.
- Once the submission has been reviewed, you will receive a letter for protocol development through the iRIS system (firstname.lastname@example.org), via email.
- Once your project involves human subjects research, complete the generic research application process described in the outcome letter.
Do you need to complete CITI Training?
No. To submit a Protocol Development form you do not have to complete CITI training.
What else do you need to submit with your application?
You will not be required to upload any additional documents.